Monday, September 29, 2014

Memories with Living Books

Greetings. Alonso here.

Here I am to tell you about the best CD-Rom software I enjoyed as a kid.

*Cue drumroll*

Ah, yes. My childhood isn't complete without a collection of stories exclusively on CD Rom. I first discovered Living Books when I was 5 years old.

Here's a list of the best LB titles I loved to play.


1. Green Eggs and Ham

When I first saw this game at a store, I wanted to have it. That wish was granted in Christmas of 1996. I loved the things Sam did when you click on him on the first page. I also loved the green bird that appears before going to the next page and the rhyming game before everyone falls on the boat. The Color Food Matching game was the icing on the cake. Overall, Green Eggs and Ham remains one of the three best Dr. Seuss stories part of Living Books.


2. Dr. Seuss's ABC

This is the first title I've had on my LB collection. I loved clicking on the words that start with any letter of the alphabet. I also liked looking for the Zed before going to the next letter. The cameo of The Cat in the Hat in "C" was the icing on the cake. I cherish this title along with Green Eggs and Ham and The Cat in the Hat.


3. The Cat in the Hat

This is, without a doubt, one of the best Dr. Seuss stories to become a CD Rom game. My favorite parts include clicking on the Cat's Hat which dances and clicking on the items to put them away. I love Living Books for making not one, not two, but three Dr. Seuss stories playable in their collection.


4. Arthur's Birthday

I first discovered this title before my family had a computer. I absolutely loved the part where the party noises came from out of nowhere in each page. The part where a kid tries to climb up the monkey bars but fell back down cracked me up. I can't express how good it felt to make this part of my LB Collection.


5. The Berenstain Bears Get in a Fight

I'll never forget the first time I played this game. I loved the first page where the mockingbird offends the other birds by singing like an opera singer. I also liked the part where the bee buzzes around looking for his "honey". A clip which tells about the late Stanley and Janice's work as authors for the Berenstain Bears makes it even better. I even got it along with Harry and the Haunted House and The Tortoise and the Hare in a pack.


6. Harry and the Haunted House

How could I forget playing this game? The parts I love about this game include the spider who appears at every page, the "no body" joke, and Harry, Earl, and Stinky's thoughts about the monsters., and the hat changes in the second page. It's perfect around Halloween time. I'll always cherish this story for years.


7. The Tortoise and the Hare

I absolutely loved this one a lot. My favorite parts include the dragonfly appearing in every page, a song in the second page, a kid bear cheering loudly and Simon being crowded by chickens in the fourth page, the themes for the Tortoise and the Hare, and the Hare looking through his mailbox. I got this in a pack which also included The Berenstain Bears and Harry and the Haunted House.

Well, there you have it. Fond memories with me and Living Books.

No comments:

Post a Comment